- April: Ameya Patel – arangetram/solo debut recital: Krishna Leela
- Spring/summer: WHYY Documentary: Watch us on TV: http://video.whyy.org/video/2365794059/
- June: Annual Charity recital: “Leela” – cycle of creation
- June: Arangetram: Spandana & Saadhana Jakka arangetram/solo debut recital: Srishti, Sthithi, Laya
- October: Philadelphia Art Museum half hour dance production: Leela cycle of creation
- December: 76ers Wells Fargo “Indian American Heritage Night” – primetime on the court dance performance by senior dancers
- Jan 31st – A full length group dance performance by 30 dancers at Inglis House, the primary beneficiary/local program of Ray of Hope International Foundation.
- Feb 14th – Pragati Bengali Association – Saraswati Puja – solo and group dances by seniors Sanjana Jayaram and Nikita Rao
- June 14th – “Vinyasa – Divine Connections” Nava Nritya Dance Academy’s charity recital in Ambler, PA dedicated to Ray of Hope International Foundation – our own charity focused on changing 120,000 lives a year: www.letsgivehope.org and click here for flyer (link to the same flyer) and click here for evite:http://www.evite.com/l/
- June 20th – Arangetram: Solo debut of Nikita Rao with live orchestra, showcasing a highly acrobatic repertoire of classical Bharatnatyam and Navanritya thematic dances, set to 6 different languages.
- July 25th – Arangetram: Solo debut of Enakshi Deb with live orchestra, showcasing a rich and diverse production of classical Bharatnatyam and Navanritya dances, celebrating the divine feminine and the Ritu Ranga “Seasons of India” set to Tagorean poetry.
As we celebrate 10 years of artistic advancement and charitable contributions of $106k+ to various charities including Ray of Hope, we invite you to attend our shows and support our talented dancers and Ray of Hope:
- Painted Bride Art Center, Philadelphia, PA: March 22nd at 730pm and March 23rd at 4pm – join our senior Youth Dance Ensemble as they present a preview of our 2014 production “Azure – water poems” at the prestigious Painted Bride Arts center on the occasion of Philadelphia Youth Dance Festival.
- Gwynedd Mercy Performing Arts Theater, Ambler PA: Sunday, June 8th from 2pm to 530pm: Our 10 year celebration & annual show: “Azure – Water Poems“ presented by 60+ dancers ages between 5 and 40+, including our alumni. This show is dedicated to Ray of Hope International Foundation (www.letsgivehope.org) and will showcase the vital element of water through many stories of rivers, monsoons, avatars and mermaids. Come enjoy exquisite and athletic choreography set to music from all over the world in 2 distinct dance styles: classical Bharatnatyam and contemporary Navanritya
- Solo Indian classical and contemporary debut recitals of 2 senior students (traditionally known as Ranga Pravesh which is a full 2 hour solo recital comprised of a thrilling and acrobatic repertoire set to live music):
- Anika Jagasia, Saturday June 28th 2014, Radnor, PA, featuring “Durga – goddess of Shakti” and the Five Elements, including special songs in Marathi and Hindi
- Maya Rahman, Saturday September 13th, 2014, Ambler, PA, featuring “Ramayan – epic story from India” & the cosmic dances of many divine powers, including special songs in Bengali and Hindi
- 8th Annual Charity Dance Recital on Saturday May 11th 2013: Saaz – echo of musical instruments – world music that binds us together
- Diwali Celebration at Eagleville Library on Thursday, November 7th, 2013: Seniors presented solo and group dances
- Solo debut recital/arangetram of Deepali Koneru – July 2012
- CIO Indian Independence Day Celebration- August 2012
- Solo debut recital/arangetram of Sanjana Jayaram – September 2012
- FREE Open House for all dance enthusiasts of all ages to come watch our classes and learn more about us: Sunday May 1st from 1PM to 5PM @ A2D Ambler
- Annual Charity Dance Recital-Rasayog: Sunday June 19th @ 2pm @ Gwynedd Mercy High School, Ambler, PA. RSVP to our evite here! Dedicated to our very own foundation – Ray of Hope International Foundation.
- Summer Camp: June 20th to 24th 9am-12noon @A2D Ambler
- September 19th 2010: Philadelphia Ganesh Festival – Mosaic – Colors from East and West, Bharatiya Temple, 4pm to 5:30pm
August 28th 2010: Graduation recital and solo debut of senior student Sheila Shankar
- Koresh Dance Company Artist Showcase: Saturday, January 23rd, 2009 at 8pm and Sunday January 24th, 2009, 6pm and 8pm: www.koreshdance.org
- International Spring Festival of Lansdale, Saturday, April 17th, 2009, North Penn High School, 3pm
- Nava Nritya Dance Academy’s Annual Charity Show “Mosaic – Colors from the East and West” -featuring Bharatnatyam dances and two dance dramas – Shakespeare’s “Twelfth Night” and the famous Alibaba and Forty Thieves:
- May 8th, 2009, Gwyneth Mercy High School, Ambler, PA
- Blue Bell School of Dance Annual Show, June 19th, 2009 – Gwyneth Mercy High School, Ambler, PA
- Friday, October 9th at 7:30pm- Kun-Yang Lin/Dancers’ INhale Performance Series at CHI Movements Arts Center: Nava Nritya Dance Academy has been selected to present an adaptation of the production Cosmic Sutras. www.kunyanglin.org. Performed by Mirage group of senior students.
- Saturday, June 6th, 2009 @ 4pm at Tamanend Middle School, Warrington: Annual Charity Show – The Cosmic Sutras:The Elements. Our dancers will present beautiful Indian classical and contemporary dances dedicated to Philabundance Food Bank and Udavum Karangal Orphanage.
- Saturday, 16th May at Commonwealth of Pennsylvania’s Asian Heritage Festival – 8th & Race, Philadelphia
- May 12th from 9.30 am to 11.30: Lansdale Montessori School, Indian Dance Workshop for children aged 3 to 5 presented by Anitha Kannan and Shreya Merchant Thakkar.
Summer and Fall:
- October 25th, Collage of classical dances and contemporary pieces at Association of India’s Development (AID India)’s charity show at University of Pennsylvania
- Saturday, October 11th, 2008 7pm, Performance for a charity event: Shakti Foundation, Downtingtown High School (West). A collage of Indian classical, contemporary and folk dances
- Saturday, 16th August 2008: CIO Independence Day Festival – Penns Landing
- Friday & Saturday, 20th & 21st June 2008: Blue Bell School Of Dance Show, Gwynnedd Mercy High School, Ambler
- Saturday, 5th April, 2008: International Spring Festival at Trooper School Sanjib
- Saturday, 17th April, 2008: Zalak 2008 Classical Dance Competition, New Jersey
- Saturday, 7th June, 2008: Annual Charity Show – Naayika-The Heroine, 2:15pm to 4:30pm
- Sunday,18th November, 2007: Dancing Spirit of India – Classical Manipuri, Chhau and contemporary dance workshops by award winning visiting artiste Sanjib Bhattacharya.
- Thursday, 15th November, 2007: Performance at Gwynnedd Mercy College’s International Night – Classical & folk dances Chhau
- Saturday, August 18th @5:30pm – Penns Landing – CIO Indian Independence Day Celebrations
- Sundays, June 22nd to July 29th, 2007 @ Blue Bell School of Dance, 4:30pm to 6pm – Beginner/intermediate classical Bharatnatyam dance workshop
- Sunday, June 3rd @4pm at Calvary Vision Center, Blue Bellnd, 2007 Vasant-Spring Festival, Annual Charity Show dedicated to Ekal Vidyalaya
- August 13thnd, 2006 -Indian Classical and Contemporary Dance workshop for a team of trained middle eastern dancers
- September 4th th, 2006 – “Nritya Varsha” dance ballet at Marathi Mandal’s Ganesh Chaturthi (2 hour program) @7pm, Bharatiya Temple of Montogomeryville, PA
- October 2006 -Workshop for Boscov’s multicultural education program
- November 5th, 2006 – Classical and contemporary dance ballet for Annual Philadelphia Travel Show – Valley Forge Convention Center
- February 22nd, 2006 -St. Gregory Armenian Church of Andorra – Mardi Gras celebration
- March 26th, 2006 -Workshop on “Bengali culture” and dances: Bharatiya Vidyalaya, Bharatiya Temple of Montgomeryville Auditorium April 1st, 2006 -Uttar Pradesh Association – Holi Festival
- June 17th, 2006 -“Dance capades 2006” – Blue Bell School of Dance Annual Show
- October 7th, 2005 – University of Pennsylvania Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology
- October 8th, 2005 – Bengali Association of Delware Valley, Hockessin, DE
- November 5th, 2005 – at the Bharatiya Temple Cultural Center, Montgomeryville,PA. Nava Nritya DanceAcademy’s first Annual Dance Concert: “Drishti: The Dancer’s Vision.” A charity show for Sankara Eye Foundation featuring Bharatnatyam dances and our first full production: “Tasher Desh: Kingdom of Cards.”
- December, 2005 Taught Bharatnatyam to Temple University students for their “Dance in human society” course project
- April – Classical dance performances at Drexel University’s International Spring Festival
- May – Dance performances and presentations on Indian culture at area colleges and universities and United States Agencies such as a corporate show for the United States Treasury.
- June – Contemporary dance performance at the annual show of Blue Bell School of Dance “Dance Capades”
- April 24thth, 2005 Bharatnatyam workshop for students of Bharatiya Vidyalaya, Bharatiya Temple of Montgomeryville
- November — Students of Navanritya Dance Academy and NavRang dance troupe perform “Sarva Mangalam,” a classical dance production based on Sanskrit Shlokas at Philadelphia Bengali association Pragati’s Kali Puja (Diwali) show.
- October — Classical and contemporary dance performances at University of Pennsylvania’s International Reception at the Museum of Anthropology and Archaeology involving honorable dignitaries and 900 students from 200 colleges. Participated in legendary dancer Dr. Mallika Sarabhai’s workshop at Swarthmore college “Role of Abhinaya in dance”
- March — NavRang presents short production based on the techniques of Navanritya at the prestigious “Mosaic of Commonwealth” at the International House in presence of Hon’ble Duke of Gloucester and honorable ambassadors and consul generals.